View Single Post
Old 09-20-04, 08:15 AM
cyclingshane73
Compulsive Upgrader

Bikes: 2002 Kona Deluxe (road), 2001 Cove Stiffee (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My decent to the Dark Side begins...

So strictly out of curiousity I began to peek at recumbents and trikes to see what it was all about. I ride road and MTB right now. Well I wasn't too keen on anything until I spotted the Catrike Speed. That is one neat looking piece of work. Even the Road caught my interest. I found myself while looking at all the photo's that I could picture myself owning one of those and cruising into work on one and even going out for longer excursions. Avid disc brakes & levers, Shinamo DT components, I even pictured myself going through my parts bin and digging out some nice spare components and upgrading the Deore derailluers, and yep, even considered how well a set of old school hayes hydros would slow the sucker down.

The hard part is finding a dealer up here in Canada and what they are going for in CAD funds. Right now with the way customs is over in Canada, once it gets to the border it takes forever to get it (certain customs employees are on strike). Not only that but the taxes, duty and shipping would kill me. I know on the Catrike site they are going for $2000 USD. So any help to point me in the right direction north of the border would be appreciated.

Shane
"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power." -P.J. O'Rourke