View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 06:31 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apparently, it's time to remind people again that a majority (67) of a large number of respondents (114) in this forum voted that it was appropriate to speculate about crash causes in threads about cyclist deaths. That was probably the most controversial thing I ever did in this forum with respect to what was considered "disruptive".

I'm raising this issue again because of this recent discussion:

Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Originally Posted by randya
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I don't think of it is as war, to the contrary. The purpose of complying with rules is to induce peace, not war. The rules in this case are the forum guidelines, and if I slip, by all means report me.

But, for the sake of the moderators, and to comply with the guidelines (treating fellow members with respect), I would ask that you first try to resolve any issues directly with me (or whoever the poster is of whatever post you feel is out of compliance).

And, for the record, I did not ask simply to be told if someone thinks I'm diminishing the quality of this forum. What I wrote was:

if any of you feel I'm violating any of the guidelines, or doing anything else to diminish the quality of this forum, please let me know.
Specifically, please let me (not everyone, thus please use PM) know if I'm doing anything to diminish the quality of this forum, and, of course, what it is you think I'm doing. After trying that, if you're not satisfied, then, yes, please get the others and ultimately the mods (if forum guidelines are violated) involved.
show some humility, dude, you're a total f***ing hypocrite when it comes to the forum guidelines. The only reason there is even a separate VC subforum is because you were completely disrupting almost every thread in A&S with your VC BS before this subforum was created especially for you. You're lucky you weren't permanently banned years ago, I really don't see what your contribution is around here - besides your oversized ego - that the mods were so kind as to let you stay.
For the record, I was never even warned by any mods about any of my allegedly disruptive behavior in A&S prior to the creation of the VC subforum. Here, by the way, is the disruption guideline:

Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple user profiles, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.
None of my posts were intended "to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news." You and a few others may have considered my posts speculating about causes and promoting anti-crash habits and techniques accordingly in threads about cyclist deaths to be "completely off topic messages", but others disagreed (and pardon me for seeking to save the lives we still have with us). This question was so controversial we even had a poll about whether it was appropriate to post in that manner in such threads, and the majority (67 out of 114) agreed with me. Link. But those who disagreed caused enough of a ruckus when they didn't get their way that the mods decided to create a VC subforum.

This kind of personal attack and dredging up of the past is not only wrong and totally uncalled for, but in blatant violation of the guidelines, disruptive, disrespectful, insulting and not conducive to a pleasant place to discuss bicycling. Please stop. Enough already.