View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 05:35 AM
Doug5150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lexmark
Hello all, my knees have been aching everytime i hop on the bike for more than 5 min... im only 21 so i doubt its arthritis, i was thinking it was probably my biking style, i must be pedaling wrong or sitting in the wrong position...

What could i be doing wrong and how can i prevent future pains while riding ?

thanks in advance
Well first off, if you know of anyone who does ride a lot, you can ask them to check out your position on the bike. If some aspect of the bike is out of the normal positioning that can cause pain and you can't necessarily see it for yourself. .... I want to say to go to a bike shop and ask them the same thing--but a lot of places may use that as an excuse to sell you on a new bike.

Alternately, you can get in your riding position (feet on the pedals and hands on the handlebars) while leaning against a wall, have someone take a picture and post that online somewhere.

Also I'd ask you more specifically about the knee pain: is it on the insides of your knees, the outsides, or the whole width? Is it during the top of the pedal stroke (when your knees are bent most), the bottom, or the whole time?
~