View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 12:05 PM
imcrushingyerhd
Shot Caller

Bikes: '01 Fisher Joshua F3. '89 Master... I don't let go of bikes easily.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OS looking for NS Bike

Yall

I've been on my BMX (89 Master) a number of years and I have decided to retire it. There's been a LOT of change since the last time I bought anything BMX. So, what's a good bike to get? I'm 5'9 about 180lbs. It's easier to list the things I DON"T plan on doing: ramps/parks, or racing. I'll be doing pretty much everything else in between, though. I'd say dirt jumping and flatlanding will be the two I do most, but I will mos def ride some street since I live in Austin.

I'm not looking to fork out huge amounts of $$ in fact I got my eye on ebay and craigslist for my next ride. My main ride is my mtn bike, and that's where I want to keep my money flowing to. I'd like to stay around $200 for something used, but I may go up to $350 or so if something new in a bike shop is the best way to go. I don't want a TANK, but I do need something robust since I'm 180lbs and a hack on a BMX bike. I'd like something as strong as my Master, but not 40lbs... I am hoping technology has improved strength-to-weight ratios over the last 20 years haha.