Old 03-08-08, 06:24 PM
makeinu
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Underbridge
Oh God. This is turning into another classic makeinu thread that hearkens back to the "tell me how to replace my chain without the $5 tool, even though I'm most likely to destroy the chain and possibly myself in the process" thread.

Dude. You're trying to claim that braking with your hands is dangerous. All the responses you're getting are from people who have a lot of riding experience telling how and why you're wrong, and you just argue.
There's a reason why I argue. Do you know what it is? I'll give you a hint. You remember the chain tool thread. Well, I broke the chain with a hammer, a nail, and a pair of pliers, it was a smashing success and it's still going strong despite the pages of hecking from a throng of people with "a lot of riding experience".

So you see, the problem is that supposed experts with tons of experience are rarely right. If I didn't listen to them and ended up being wrong then I would stop making threads like this where I end up arguing with everybody, but the problem is that 9/10 I end up being right.