View Single Post
Old 03-09-08, 11:16 PM
Turbine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the replies everyone! I am very pleased with how it came out. I was looking at a TTX that was $3500. It had ultegra components on it and had crappy aerobars and wheels. I decided to go the pre-owned route and I was able to score an E11 with several Dura-Ace upgrades for only $1500. I've got about $3800 into it now and most of the components, including the frame, only have 250 miles on them. I think this is a steal compared to what this thing must've cost brand new!

There is definitely a blinky clip on my seatpost. I put a light there so I don't get ran over. SW Florida is scary as hell when riding on the road. I'm not going to start racing until next year. I'm doing my training time trials with these wheels on so I know exactly what it will feel like come race day. Plus, these wheels are just plain fun to ride! The sound of that disc is priceless.

I'm just glad I was able to find that TT disc. It took a few months to find one.

P.S. I don't live in Naples...I live just a bit north in Estero. I'm trying to find a nice place to bike in Estero, but all of these FGCU students (I'm one of them) can't drive and text message at the same time. I usually drive down to Vanderbilt beach and ride around there.