Old 03-10-08, 07:47 AM
mgdesigns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spoke Protector - where to find one?

Hey folks:

I have a great road bike, and I know this is a weanie type of request, but I need to locate a clear plastic Spoke Protector to fit on Rolff Vector Pro wheel, with a 25 tooth large cog cassette. None of the major catalogs seem to offer them anymore. I recently overhauled the whole ride (Litespeed Arenberg), and the first ride it worked impecably, then after a few months of storage I rode from the new house, and a strong upshift went right between the cog and spokes. Wrapped the chain so seriously around the inside, I had to remove the wheel from the frame to dislodge it. Then on the next upshift it lodged and broke the rear derailleur, and bent to hanger. I've been riding for about 45 years, and that's the first time I snapped a rear derailleur. I've bought a new rear derailleur, and a new chain, and have a Park Tool DAG-1 ordered to straighten the derailleur hanger. But, I want to get a spoke protector to help keep that kind of thing from happening again. Please email me if you know where I can obtain a clear plastic thingamabob. Thanks. Mark in Nashville, TN