Old 03-10-08, 11:23 AM
BigSean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FatguyRacer
I like how that works out. I just did 3 straigt weeks with only one day off and after yesterdays 2 hr roller session I was ready to quit. After the meter test, i did some 1 min maximal efforts in the 2nd hour. I got thru 3 1/2. The goal was to do as many as I could over the course of a 1/2 hr with 5 min rest periods between them. On the forth one, the body was willing but the mind was weak. Resulting analysis of the data showed that i could have done it had I had the will to endure the pain. The graph showed that every interval was progressivly stronger and faster. Did you know you can crank out close to 40 mph on rollers?
I have noticed that on some days when I think my legs feel heavy and tired, I am actually stronger then previous rides. This tends to boost confidence and motivate me even more. On yesterdays ride I really started to fade after 2.5 hours, I thought I didnt eat enough. But when I down loaded the power profile I realized that I had kept the intensity up for a solid 2 hours, and I was just flat out tired from the work. Cant waiit to re-test after my rest week. I believe a new FTP in in reach.