Old 03-10-08, 08:37 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenH
Dunno.

I bought a unicycle a while back, and paid by paypal. I used the option where it's taken from your bank account, and didn't realize, that if you don't have a credit card as a back-up source, that option takes 4-5 days. (An E-check, they called it). But I think the seller still had a notice from Paypal that I was paying, it just took a while to clear. And I wouldn't think assorted buyers would ALL be ignorant of how that worked.

Make sure you don't have these people going into junk email or something.
No way that is happening. Ebay would show that they had paid if they did even if it went to junkmail (which it is not). And yes paypal sends a notice immediately saying the buyer used a credit card and they notify you when it has cleared.

Ebay provides and option for the buyer to click that indicates they will pay buy check or money order as well.

I'm getting none of this and no emails saying I will be paying shortly. I hate the lack of communication these days... If I buy something and I am going to wait 3 days I email the seller immediately and tell them this or if I want to buy something else from them I will also indicate that I will be bidding on another item and ask permission to with hold payment until the other auction is finished.

It's just really annoying and I guess this thread is more of a vent although I am worried about this French fellow as I sent him a "what's up with the no payment" email 24 hours ago. I have to wait 7 days to open a dispute.