View Single Post
Old 03-11-08, 06:09 PM
ovrrdrive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Evidently I've got a really good shop near me. I visited a few times while I was looking and they were always nice and had a reasonably priced good selection of aftermarket stuff too. When i went to buy I couldn't get close to the bikesdirect stuff locally so I bought a Windsor Knight for $799 shipped and put it together last night and promptly took it in for a tuneup today.

As I was expecting to get some crap for not buying locally I just went in and explained that I didn't buy it from them and that I just wanted to pay for a tune and was met with open arms. He said they didn't care where you bought it from and they'd gladly adjust and check it out for me. He told me that with it being new it didn't need a full tune up, but a check up and adjustment would get the wheels trued up and everything gone over.

He seemed genuinely interested in the bike too and was a little shocked when I told him the price. They were all really cool to me and I'll be giving them all of my business for aftermarket goodies. As a matter of fact, they were so cool I grabbed a cycloputer off the shelf and asked if they'd mount it for me and he said no problem and tied it to the bike. It will all be ready Thursday for me.

I'm really happy with them. I just wish I could have afforded to buy a bike from them.