Old 09-22-04, 07:02 PM
Hitchy

Bikes: how long have you got?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigFloppyLlama
Some do offer a decent amount of weight savings (albiet at a huge cost). Such as the Tune Concord(pic1, pic2 ) and AX Lightness Phoenix. I had heard of some breaking with the Concord, but that was the ealier and lighter version that has since been replaced. Of course both AX Lightness and Tune do offer different models of carbon seats as well.

Jan Ullrich used an AX Lightness Seat+Post combo in the TDF and Clasica San Sebastian and it finally broke in the San Sebastian
Bike (ignore the rebadging)
Problem

Lado Fumic (pro mountain biker) broke his AX Lightness saddle during the olympic race and ended up having to withdraw due to being cut.

However, all the saddles I've mentioned above have carbon rails instead of titanium ones. I'd suggest trying weightweenies if you'd like to hear about the comfort. I know a lot of them swear by the all carbon saddles.
g'day,

I can't agree that any carbon saddle offer a 'significant' weight saving over its 'conventionally clothed brother'. As quoted before...in the San marco aspides...30gm saving for $200 AUD more & significantly less comfortable???..doesn't make any sense. If 30g is gunna make a difference perhaps cut your finger nails before the race!

cheers,

hitchy