View Single Post
Old 03-13-08, 06:31 AM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
got a frame for my mixte project

Thanks to bigbossman and easthill I'm going to get a super frame for my wifes mixte I'm going to build up. Its a Univega with a not so great paintjob (thats ok) I'm going to powdercoat it. So I'm looking for parts to build it up with. I'd say Shimano mid 80's stuff whould work. It might end up with a mix of shimano and suntour stuff I have laying around. I have a newer 105 FD and a set of NOS front and rear brake calipers from Suntour they are alos NOS and are beautiful. So its gonna be a peach. She wants drop bars so I guess I'm going to go with the same bars I have on my Volare, Nitto randoneurs and the elkhide barwrap although it might not be the same color she is adamant about not using a Brooks so I need advice on a saddle for this build. I'll take suggestions. This bike won't be real flashy my wife likes the understated but classy look (which is why she married me ) Anyway I think this is gonna be a great build and I look forward to showing some pictures as it progresses.