E-quality
I love MMA

Bikes: Specialized Globe Centrum Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dobovedo
Guess I shoulda read the whole thread before replying...

You can see what works for you, but in my experience, ride first, eat later does not work. All conventional wisdom will say the same thing. Thinner people statistically eat breakfast. Not feeling hungry or hurting performance isn't the only issue. I see the majority of folks here feel the say way.

I have lost 25 pounds in the past year (and 75 total) by making darn sure I eat some kind of breakfast every day, even if it's quick and simple and boring. I am as much a night owl as can be, but there's absolutely no reason one can't eat a quick breakfast!

Starting with a topped off tank means your daily calories are being supplied when you need them. Adding them afterwards very often leads to feeling hungry later, which is when you are more prone to a) snacking or b) making bad food choices (restaurants are evil).

If weight loss is a goal, my advice is eat first, but if you don't, monitor carefully to make sure you don't fall into bad evening habits.
How is eating breakfast after you ride to work not eating breakfast?

This was covered already. Eating right before semi-/intense exercise isn't ideal because it puts an extra load on your cardiovascular system so it's not a bad thing at all to wait an hour after you commute in to eat breakfast. There is actually a benefit to doing this also which is you will burn "fat calories" during your commute which can help you lose weight.

The original poster said that he begins his ride 30 mintues after waking up. He can eat an hour after waking up which is great and he won't stress his heart this way. People that get up much earlier are likely better off eating right after waking up...before their commute.