Old 03-16-08, 09:03 AM
BearSquirrel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by born2bahick
Ha ha Dude! clean your garage! Looks like a good find! I do suspect one of those teeth to be a tad shorter than it should be. Shouldn't cause any trouble though. What tires are those? they aren't Velociraptors or Mythos, maybe old smoke/dart combo?
As far as price goes ... Caveat Emptor. He paid too much considering that similar or superior quality new bikes can be had for about $300. These would have come with warranties and likely free checkups. The bike should have cost $200 or less. For anyone else reading, go shopping before you buy a used bike.

The missing half-tooth is intentional, it's there for shifting. And if it wasn't intentional, it will help shifting.

In general, the bike looks to be in good condition. Do, clean the chain ASAP and use a dry lube to oil it. While the big ring looks to be in good condition, the dirtiness of that chain would suggest wear to me.

Another posted AGAINST Thudbusters. What I have found is that some people love them and some people hate them. If you are super finnicky about where everything is, the Thudbuster might annoy you as it does change the orientation of you body vs. the cranks. If you can "go with the flow" Thudbusters are great as they allow you to stay seated rougher terrain which lessens fatigue.

Last edited by BearSquirrel; 03-16-08 at 09:09 AM.