View Single Post
Old 03-18-08, 04:12 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 563 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
I remember my first post on the Bike Forum. I am into Long Distance cycling as defined above. About 100 to 150 miles per day with minimum luggage (but a few Credit Cards).

Anyway, not knowing better, I posted on the Touring Forum. Bad idea. It took a while to realize these folks worry about a lot of different things. Different bikes, food, camping, money, different speeds and different routes.

I am now on the 50+ Forum because I get the broadest experience. Perhaps not always relevant but often interesting.
There are sometimes good discussions about credit card touring on the touring group. There are sometimes good discussions about loaded touring. There are sometimes discussions about everything in between.

Unfortunately there are tons of threads about building up the "ultimate touring bike" often consisting of posts by folks who have never toured, but seem to know the one true answer to what everyone else should ride.

If you read and post on the threads that interest you and try to avoid what doesn't interest you it is an OK group.