View Single Post
Old 09-24-04, 01:20 PM
Paniolo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by redfooj
yeah, except, in this situation, there was noone with the green to be pissed. you seem to have ignored the fact that the cross-traffic was CLEAR of cars, bikers, pedestrians, dogs, and woodland creatures.
I wonder what the law is on non responsive lights in Austin. I've got a light where I leave work that will not change for only a bike and there is no ped x-walk with a button. When I leave work a lot of evenings I could wait a long time, I know the light cycle so I just wait for the oncoming traffic to trigger their side and then go through my red light. Have you tried that lights sensors out to see if they are non responsive? Or did you just not want to wait on the whole cycle since there was no traffic.

Re topic; I go through a 20mph school zone at a high school on the way home from work. It's marked by a flashing light. It's a long downhill so I can hit mid 30's there, but I consicously slow down for the speed limit ... I'm more worried about someone turning, or pulling out in front of me, but cops in TX are tough on speeding in school zones. I've seen lots of radar traps in school zones ... which is a good thing IMHO.

Then again, a few blocks further in a res area just before I get home there is a short steep downhill with a 3 way stop 3/4 of the way down it. I'm on the straight road, with a bike path and the T comes in from the left. 98% of the time there is no side traffic and I usually brake hard so I could stop until I am certain there is nobody coming up and then roll through the stop in the bike lane. 90% of the traffic rolls that sign too. But doesn't make it right ... if I got stopped there I guess I deserve the tix.

Last edited by Paniolo; 09-24-04 at 01:28 PM.