View Single Post
Old 03-20-08, 01:23 PM
JoeyMac
Viking Warrior

Bikes: 60's SpaceLiner, 60's Ross Futura, 60's Sears spyder, 70's Zebrakenko, 98 Ross Chimera Hybrid, 90's Schwinn Frontier, and ThunderHorse, my trusty mountain steed, also my gf's 64 Schwinn ladies cruiser and her purple lowrider are at my disposal.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your Favorite Sheldon Advice

Yesterday I was riding home from work on my regular commuter, and I thought about how I probably wouldn't still have this bike if it weren't for some sage advice that I received from the late Sheldon Brown. I had posted on here last September shortly after joining the site and becoming more serious about cycling, and I wasn't sure what to do with a broken bike. Here is the thread:

http://bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=343096

Sheldon was the first to reply, and right away convinced me that the bike was worth getting fixed. I did and that bike once again became my regular commuter and I have put hundreds of miles on it since.

What have you learned from Sheldon, either through this site, his site, or from an email from him? I think this is the best way to remember a great man, by remembering his knowledge he was so generous to pass out. So what's your favorite Sheldon Advice?