View Single Post
Old 03-20-08, 03:24 PM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhattTyre
I wish I'd known about this ride, I'd come down from Oregon for something like that. Sounds like a roadie version of our Cream Puff.

As for the OP... it's in July, you have all kinds of time to get ready for it. Go ride.
I did Cream Puff last summer. Frickin' awesome race.

I'd have signed up again this year, but he sign-ups were in February, for a race in July. My schedule this coming summer is chaotic enough, that I just couldn't commit that far out. The $200+ entry fee is non-transferable, so I wouldn't have even be able to sell my spot, in the event that I couldn't go.

I can't quite imagine a road-ride that would compare to Cream Puff. In fun that is. Probably plenty of road rides that can compare in difficulty.

The stats (distance/elevation gain) of the Death Ride look pretty close to day one of Everest Challenge, which is probably about the hardest ride I've done on the road.

Can anyone who's done both, offer a comparison?