Pupsocket
half fast

Bikes: Catrike Trail (fixed frame) tadpole trike recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new trikey for me!

Mrs. Pup cleared the way for my new trike purchase, and we got it last week. No pictures of mine yet since the weather has been a snowy mess for much of the last week. Click the picture to see the mfg's web site:

It's a Catrike Trail, purchased at the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point, WI. I had a wonderful experience there, and the recumbent expert would put me on a trike for a test ride, and have the next model all set to my length by the time I got back to the door. I think I rode 6-7 different vehicles! I almost came away with the Road model, but couldn't justify the extra expense. The Road has a slightly longer, more laid back frame, and a step up in components.

With the messy weather lately, I've had time to set it up to my liking: clipless pedals are installed, got a rear rack, rack-top bag with mini-panniers that fold out from it, tail light, and speed/cadence computer. I still need fenders, and a front fairing is already on my wish list. I can't believe how light this thing is - all last season I was riding a Sun EZ1 at over 40 lbs, and this little trikey starts at just over 30.