n4zou
Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by treebound
No direct help here, but my current eyeglasses I had the bifocal line cut very low in the glasses. The eyeglass people for some reason want to almost force you to have the dividing line right in the middle of the lens or just slightly below the center line. But I almost had to force them to put mine in the lower 1/3-1/4 of the lens. Works great for seeing the road, and for reading or seeing up close objects such as a GPS or watch or lunch menu. Might be something to consider.
Before I retired I worked for the Army on tracked combat vehicles including the M1 Abrams tanks and M88 recovery vehicles. I had prescription safety glasses made with bifocal lens at the top instead of the bottom. The reason for this was needing to crawl into cramped locations and work on stuff looking up instead of down. This caused serious mental problems with some optometrists! After asking for these special glasses in 3 shops the fourth shop actually understood what I was asking for and happily made them for me.

Last edited by n4zou; 03-24-08 at 09:28 AM.