maranen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi
Best looking Brommie I’ve seen too.

Originally Posted by LittlePixel
The main problem I'm finding with a lightweight Brompton with things on the bars is balance when it's folded - the bar side of the fold is a lot heavier than the other without a rack or mudguards fitted so it isn't exactly happy to sit on it's base without being up against a wall.
I converted Merc to a ti-version too, and noticed also that when the bike is folded the front and rear wheels are not on the same level – the folded bike tends to fall on the front wheel side. All I can think of is that the ti-front fork differs from Merc’s fork. The difference is about 5mm.
I also had the following experiences:
- Rear triangle wasn’t assembled properly. When I dropped the wheel axle into the slot of the triangle, there was like 15mm distance between the triangle and the rim on the left side, and 25mm on the right side. There wasn’t play enough to turn the wheel so that it would be in the centre. So I filed off some material from the axle slot. The package was intact, no marks of harsh handling. For the price one should get good quality. I didn’t send it back to the British bicycle shop, because it would have meant a month’s waiting. And before that a couple of weeks e-mail correspondence trying to convince them that I’m not a monkey.
- There is only 1 mm – or even less - distance between the tyre and the triangle’s vertical short tube when the axle is seated against the end of the slots.