Old 03-26-08, 10:34 AM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Don't even think about it if you have a good thing going

This morning, it occurred to me that I didn't have a single flat all winter -- the first time this has happened since I've been riding year round. Stupidly, I thought briefly about this on my ride in today and figured that if I could make it at least another month (since we still have plenty of rain right now), I may even be cocky enough to mention it on BF.

Not that I haven't hit anything. My Marathon Plus tires are full of holes and slashes that go deep into the blue layer. I would have thrown any other tire out long ago for fear that the tire would just split apart. Today, the flat tire gods who had been reading my mind all along got tired of screwing around and sent a heavy shard of glass through the thickest part of the tire all the way to the tube. Impressive. Still, I only had one other flat in the past 12 months, so this has been by far the best year ever in that respect.

Gotta learn to never think about bad things that could happen or which haven't happened. Two days ago, I mentioned to my wife that adjustments to our doggie's medication seemed to have finally controlled the seizures since we hadn't had any for a few weeks. She had another massive one within 8 hrs but seems to be recovering nicely.