Old 09-27-04, 09:31 AM
iamdoingthat
Cab dodger

Bikes: Raleigh C-40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I called as soon as I heard about this, and I never had to fill out a form or send an e-mail, but hopefully my information helps.

About 4 days after my initial call, I was contacted by Debbie, who instructed me to send her my keys, and then upon receipt of my keys she would send me a "replacement lock."

I could not return my keys, since I was still using my NY Disc lock (in combination with a regular padlock), so she agreed to send me the replacement lock first (while holding my CC information) and then I'd send her the keys on receipt of the replacement.

5 days later I received the "Molly" padlock from Kryptonite, which was sold in the past with the NY chain. It's basically a standard heavy duty padlock with an interchangeable lock cylinder. The lock had a few scratches and was somewhat greasy, leading me to believe that it was a refurbished lock with a new lock cylinder (keys were brand new). And that's fine with me. This thing is really tough, and uses a standard key.

So that's the process as it worked for me. I'm happily using my Molly lock, and I think Kryptonite is pretty groovy.