Old 03-26-08, 01:39 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Order
True, but Helmet Head's attempts to make his lane positioning theory one of the safety exceptions considered by the state legislatures when they drafted the ride to the right statutes is just groundless ideological posturing.
The only groundless ideological posturing going on here is by you, including this attempt to paint my argument as an attempt "to make [my] lane positioning theory one of the safety exceptions considered by the state legislatures when they drafted the ride to the right statutes". That claim is totally baseless and absurd.

I am not arguing that the legislators understood that it was not practicable to ride in the area normally used for curbside parking. I am arguing (and would argue in court in the unlikely event that I'm ever cited for violating CVC 21202 while riding so far right that I'm in the door zone when no parked cars are present) that it is not practicable to do so (due to needless compromises in conspicuousness, vantage, predictability and buffer space), though it may be possible and even practical to do so in some if not many conditions.