huerro
Villainous

Bikes: Trek 420, Cyclops

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j0e_bik3
I love how people that have never set foot someplace will make statements like this.

check the news asswipe:

richmond, oakland, SF, palo alto, there's ALOT of people gettin' shot every damn day.

or maybe you can't read?

the point was I have ZERO TOLERANCE for this type of behavior from motorists, and if they "play rough", so can I.

DON'T THROW ANYTHING AT A CYCLIST, you'll live longer.
So just for ****s and giggles I did a LexisNexis search and came up with just one incident in the last two years of cyclists gunning someone down, but the San Francisco Chronicle (February 26, 2008) describes it as "gang related killings" no mention of anyone throwing sodas.

There were at least three instances of people on bicycles getting shot by someone in a car or on foot (see Inside Bay Area, March 11, 2008; THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, September 27, 2006; Contra Costa Times; November 24, 2007)

I could have missed something, which you are more than welcome to post. I'll be especially interested if it mentions the people in the car assaulting the cyclist first. Anyway, thanks for keeping the streets of California safe for cyclists. I've been fortunate and the worst thing hurled at me while cycling have been a few insults. My good fortune is no doubt a result of your vigilance. Good work.