Old 03-27-08, 04:44 PM
EmptyCup

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[But my questions about the true value of the opinion have gone unanswered. If this is opinion is so good for cyclists, tell us why. To me, it looks like the "victories" were either minor ("standing") or subject to FDOT's unilateral right to change the manual on which the LAB based its argument. If I'm wrong (and I could be wrong), explain why.
Other Florida Statutes required FDOT to adopt "uniform minimum standards for the design of roadways" to include bike lane design. Those rules were adopted pursuant to law and therefore cannot be changed outside of the legal, rule-making process, which rules are ultimately "blessed" by the Florida Legislature. The Legislature would have to change the statute that the court just said mandates bike lanes in order for FDOT to screw around.

If you are a member of the LAB-Reform group, then we will just have to agree to disagree. While I respect what John Forrester has done for advocacy, his efforts do not translate well to the roads and culture of South Florida.

Last edited by EmptyCup; 03-27-08 at 04:58 PM.