Old 03-28-08, 04:10 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Idioteque
i just/will shell out like 600 bucks in bike damage after two mishaps... im seriously considering not racing this, and im from boston, or im just gonna try a solo breakaway and then get spit out the back.... because if i crash and anything gets effed up, that's the end of cycling for me for months.
Haha, I feel you.
I'm not sure why people feel the need to go so fast that they can't control. The most important thing about racing is knowing your limits, especially for bike handling. If you're going to be an idiot you're going to hurt yourself and possibly a lot of other people. It just isn't worth it.

I almost don't want to race D's anymore after seeing people flying into the bushes in philly because they didn't know how to corner. I almost ran into a guy because he stopped in a turn because he was going straight into the curb. I don't know how I changed my line and fishtailed around him, but I do not want to be around people who force me to do that.

I'm not all that fast, but I'm good with my handling. So unfortunately I can't shoot out the front and stay there forever.