Old 03-29-08, 02:53 AM
Trucker_JDub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a friend of mine that for the first time decided he wanted to go on a ride with me. He said he had a nice bike he hadn't ridden in a few years. When he showed up at my house I was finishing up my pre-ride checks and cleaning when he pulled in. Out of his truck came a full shock 'Next' bike ( I barely contained my comments). It was as Wally Mart as it gets. We road for just over 2 miles and I stopped to make a couple adjustments to his bike for him. After I adjusted things it worked great for him but as we road I'm watching all of the suspension flexing under his 150 lbs and listening to the bearings creaking. The grip shifted derailers miss shifting. The chain rattling against the chain stay. And a ton of other things that can't be fixed with my under seat tool kit. At one point he told me that I should look into a full shock bike because it rides so much smoother down the road. I was on my Specialized Allez tipple and we where only on pavement. I have owned my share of box store bikes (there is a full shock Mongoose WalMart edition in my garage right now; not that it ever gets ridden) but I always understood that what I was on was garbage when I was riding those bikes.