Old 03-29-08, 09:49 PM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Bikes: 2016 RITCHEY BreakAway (full Chorus 11), 2005 Ritchey BreakAway (full Chorus 11, STOLEN), 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike (sold), 2004 Giant TRC 2 road bike (sold)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarery
Does anyone walk into those stores and not know the quality is reduced, just like the price when compared to competing products sold through higher priced venues?

So the problem isn't the ___-mart stores, or the LBS's. Its the ignorance the buying public. Pretty much any person is capable of doing their own research on the internet now also, or getting their kids to do it. If $400 is a high price to spend for a young family, spend 5 min less playing on the internet and reinvest that time researching on the internet.

At some point in time people have to start becoming responsible for their own actions, and that includes being responsible for not falling victim to shady marketing. Ignorance i accept as an excuse for something that happens spur of the moment, a high ticket item purchase doesn't fall into that category.
No, but by the same token, I suspect they believe it is good enough and that bike shops sell the SAME thing for a lot more money. I think that is where the problem is. There is Good, Good Enough and Not Good Enough. I think people may not be clear on the meanings as it applies to bikes.