View Single Post
Old 03-30-08, 10:23 PM
elemental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two Weeks to Touch Up My Fitness - Help!

This was supposed to be my first season road racing. I was planning on riding/training all winter and getting into shape, and then being ready to really drop the hammer once the season came on, but started having knee issues that riding road really aggravated. I did stay fairly fit all winter through a little MTB, a little 'cross, and some gym time, but I have only gotten one ride in on my real road bike. Let's just say embarrassing events of this weekend reminded me that I am not in any shape to race, but there's an event I'd really like to do in two weeks. I am decent overall shape (have been working out, riding MTB, and riding 'cross a decent amount), I just need to get back into the roadie flow to keep me out of then Pain Cave in a few weeks.

If you had two weeks (and were a low-level collegiate cyclist who needs to make friends with his race bike again), how would you do it? Base miles type riding for as many miles as I can get, a mix of fierce days (intervals, hill repeats) and easy days, or all-out abuse? Please share your knowledge.