View Single Post
Old 03-31-08, 12:31 PM
Jay H
One less car

Bikes: '08 Soma Groove (commuter/long distance tourer), '97 Lemond Zurich (road commuter/tourer),'01 Seven Axiom Ti, '03 Look KG381i, '01 Santa Cruz Superlite X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike
Darwin,

The Paulinskill Trail terminates (from my perspective) in Columbia, near the Delaware Water Gap National Park. I haven't traveled the entire length, but from what I understand, it's well maintained. If you start there, then hang a right on the Sussex Branch Trail, you'll end up in my backyard. The Sussex Branch, however, has some impassible sections that must be circumnavigated using public roads.
The southern end of the Paulinskill can get flooded and you have to dodge the horse bombs for the most part but you can actually ride into pennsy via the Paulinskill if you don't mind some rougher rides and riding or walking over the big concrete paulinskill viaduct over the delaware.

You can also combine the two rail trails as the Sussex Branch trail and the Paulinskill cross in Warbasse Junction. I've biked both trails end to end before, but I had to ride around the flooded section and do a little bushwacking to pick up the trail after I did so. I had to ride out to 206 for a section though I forget the road names I used.

Jay