starla
my nose itches

Bikes: 1986 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2013 Redline Conquest Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from Texas!!

Hi everyone! My name's Becca, and I'm a reborn cyclist (hahaha...used to ride when I was a kid!) from central Texas (Temple) and have been cycling daily for a couple of weeks now...and loving it!!!...my brother was into mountain biking so I got his help picking out a pretty good beginner's bike that I could use on road and off...(ended up getting a Trek 820)...hope to start commuting to work next week! It will be about 6 miles each way, which is very doable...I've gotten myself in good shape but hated doing the same workout everyday and couldn't make myself be a gym rat (no offense to anyone intended!!!) so I decided to try cycling since it entailed freedom and a great variety! So far, so good...even though I still feel a little awkward at times riding, I am learning to trust myself and the bike more and LOVE it!

I'm going to give myself a year on the equipment I've gotten, but I have to admit, I am already thinking about getting a road bike...always saw them as "racers" which I am not interested in, but I think in the end it might be easier for commuting. Luckily, I don't have a lot to take into work everyday, so I'm good with just a backpack with a few things which shouldn't be too much trouble, I hope!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself! Hope to make cycling more a part of my daily lifestyle! I completely admire those who have given up cars entirely! With my family being so spread apart in Texas, I don't know that I can do that completely, but I can certainly cut down quite a bit!