View Single Post
Old 04-02-08, 11:38 AM
phatatude

Location: Put your finger on the middle of a map of the USA... Thats me standing next to the COW:) (the cow is my sister)

Bikes: Schwinn Stingray 5sp, Phillips 20, 24"Dyno GT, Raleigh 20, Scott MTB, and a lot more that I dont want the wife to know about!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe its also a function of how wide the cups are to then? I did the Phil Wood conversion, and the cups where more narrow than the UN7's cups. That might be an advantage of trying this with a plastic cup. It may tend to keep going, especially if your treads arent the cleanest further into your shell...

So you had your BB shell rethreaded sahadev? What width UN73 did you use? And what are you running in the rear? (gears?internal?hub width?) Im just asking because I used a UN72 that is 113mm wide, and it seems to be perfect for a single speed on a 115mm wide hub flipflop. But I cant see using the 113 UN72 for any hubs that are wider than 115mm. You wouldnt be able to move the chainline far enough over without your cranks making contact with the BB shell.

R-20's - The thinkin' man's bike... and woman

Come check the progress...
http://web.mac.com/phatatude/Green_S...enty_Blog.html