Robobo1
Transplant

Bikes: A good one!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FatguyRacer
A strange conundrum to have! I had the same. Here's what I did. Since I use the Trainingpeaks.com site to self-coach I was picking Friel workouts up to when i got a powermeter and the Allen/Coggan book. I too noticed the same thing about the power zones and wondered what to do. In the back of the book there is a 16 week workout plan for intermediate riders with 250w FTP. Thats me right now (well was me 3 weeks ago), so I've manually entered in all the workouts in the book into my Trainingpeaks workout calender. I saved myself about 95 bucks. Truth be told, when the 16 weeks are up, i'll probably pay for the next set of Hunter Allen workouts. There available thru Trainingpeaks under the Prebuilt Training Plans menu. So far after 3 weeks on the plan, I have to say the guy knows his stuff. My power numbers are steadily increasing week to week and I feel much faster and stronger. I just do the workouts and take the rest days when they're prescribed. I'm also losing about 1-2lbs a week also to get down to goal weight by the end of June before all my A races.

So you're saying you switch ed to Allen/Coggan when you got the powermeter?