Old 04-04-08, 10:55 AM
trek830

Bikes: Trek 830 18" frame => Mavic X517 ceramic rims | XT RD | XTR FD | LX Canti's | SRAM Atacck shifters | SRAM SG850 11-30 Casette | Vetta Transverse AT saddle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
It could also be that the non-shimano chain doesn't work perfectly with the Shimano cogset, but that's really a stretch IMO. I'd think the PC48 should work.

Road Fan
Thanks for the reply, the cassette is also SRAM (Shimano compatible), but not a Shimano part. The only thing Shimano back there is the LX HUB and the XT RD.

Also to update this thread, I just went back to the LBS, the same mechanic, threw the bike up on the stand and ripped threw the gears several times and played with the barrels. He told me there was stretch in the cable and causing some poor shifting.

I took it back out around the parking lot and it's shifting great again, but 6 still feels like it's grinding. The mechanic told me to just drive it around as is and let the new parts break in, but if I really want to I can leave it with him when he gets some free time he will try to think of something else, but really feels like there is nothing wrong since it's smooth on the stand.