Old 04-06-08, 03:21 PM
w2brdbkr

Bikes: Raleigh SC30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
True, but it's where he was riding that had more thorns & goatheads.

Riding a MTB on the road doesn't make as much sense as a road bike, so since he's wanting to spend more time on the road, he got himself a road bike.
Thank you, yes I was riding the hybrid on the bike paths which are usually between nice weeded fields, so I started riding more on the road.
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
w2brdbkr, I think you're on the right track. Worn-out muscles are no big deal; only worry if you get soreness in your joints, which tends to happen if your fit is off or if you mash in big gears. Keep spinning at a comfortable cadence (for me, it's similar to my running cadence) and you'll be fine.
I called my buddy this morning & we decided to do a slower easy ride. I was surprised I wasn't that sore on the bike, I did notice the arse being a little sore but nothing I couldn't handle.

We did 25 miles & averaged 14mph so I feel that was a good recovery ride. Everything else seemed to be fine & this afternoon I feel really good.

I just wish the weather would be nice this next week so I could ride during the week, but they are calling for cold, snow, & rain so we will see what next weekend brings.