View Single Post
Old 04-10-08, 08:38 PM
unwieldy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M_S
I'm pretty sure the only tricross model that is cheaper than the crosscheck is the singlespeed model. Unless the crosscheck is built up with nicer parts than stock--one of the shops around here sells them complete with a full 105 drivetrain.
Wow, I completely overlooked the fact that the lowest end Tricross was a singlespeed. So that bike is eliminated from my list; thanks for bringing that to my attention! Some more bad news is that the only Bianchi dealer listed in my area no longer carries Bianchi. Nor is there a Kona dealer in my area.

Is there a good web app for me to calculate my sizes and determine what size of frame I need, or should I spend the $50-100 to get myself professionally sized at a bike shop? What is everyone's experience with this?

I'm asking this because if I do drive to another city or state to test ride one of these bikes, I will need to know my size to make sure the bike shop has one in stock or can order one. I'm going to test-ride a Redline Conquest and Surly Crosscheck this weekend at LBS. I'd still like to consider the Kona Jake and the Bianchi Volpe as I've heard good things about them both, but there's nowhere near me to try them out.