View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 02:57 PM
substance90

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What bike should I get?

Hi, guys. I just discovered this forum and I already think it is a great community.
I used to ride my bike a lot, but in the past few years I have completely abandoned my bike and now it`s total crap. I would like to get back into riding and specifically use a bike as a main commuting method.
I have pretty much made my mind on what I want, I just need you guys to offer the right model and brand, because I don`t know much about brands.
I want a hybrid commuting bike, but more to the mountain side, than the road, because I live in a pretty rough city - Sofia, Bulgaria. We might be in the EU now, but Sofia is far from becoming a real nice european capital city, so you get what I am trying to say. The roads simply require front suspension or even full and disc brakes at least on the front wheel.
So that`s basically what I am looking for. A hybrid with disc brakes, suspension and tires that are tarmac-friendly, but also wouldn`t mind if I get out of the road sometimes. I don`t have any specific price range in mind, I`m still looking my options up. And don`t confine to us brands only, I live in europe, so everything is welcome. I can deliver myself a bike from the US, but if there are some good european brands, then it`s even better.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the long post.