Old 04-13-08, 05:42 PM
jonathanb715

Bikes: Kestrel Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I came, I saw... and Tunitas Creek kicked my butt

Ok, it was a week or so late compared to you guys, but yesterday our TnT team started in Los Altos, went up Old la Honda, down (up?) Skyline to Alpine, down Alpine to Pescadero, up and over that and down to the town, then along Stage to Rt. 1 and finally Tunitas Creek. I was doing great until halfway up Tunitas - back spasms! ouch. I stopped worrying about what gear I was in, keeping a good rhythm, breathing, where my heart rate was - at that point it was all about survival. I made it, but it wasn't pretty and it wasn't fast. The descent down King's Mountain was almost as painful, but I stopped and took a couple of Advil at a SAG stop and was able to continue a little more comfortably. Thankfully, the last 15 miles were flat to rolling.

Today was another story - a friend talks me into a recovery ride - up Mt. Diablo. My back felt ok, so I gave it a shot. I was originally just going to do the junction, but felt good enough that I kept going to the lower parking lot, at which point the tough Saturday ride made me think that the last section to the summit was probably just a bad idea. Still, a good day and a good ride.

I think I need to work on my core strength if I'm going to be able to do all 5 passes in the Death Ride, though.

JB

Last edited by jonathanb715; 04-13-08 at 06:31 PM.