Old 04-14-08, 03:48 PM
Tude 
Blasted Weeds

Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You know when I've run my informational booth for the club the past several years - I've had drivers (non-bicyclists) come up to me with some of the same concerns and I've always responded that just like drivers - there are bicyclists who disobey the rules - and unfortunately many drivers those bicyclists (blow lights, etc etc) - like my ex-boyfriend, ahem, are the norm. And I correct and tell him how a correct group ride takes place, how we stop, signal etc. And that yes there is a group in my area who do not adhere to NYS traffic rules. And that it's these and other people who make it worse for people like me and the majority of my club and people I ride with - because we're grouped in with the people who don't obey the law.

And yes, I do speak up when I run into one of the other groups of bicycles - riding 4 across, meandering back and forth - finally moving over slowly when a car behind them beeps. They ruin it for me and other bicyclists who expect to be treated as a vehicle on the road.