Old 04-14-08, 04:53 PM
Holyspokes
Goat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sick of it

So after coming off of first High School track middle distance running, than transitioning into bodybuilding over the summer, I started seriously cycling around mid December, which I've been doing all of my life (my dad owns a bicycle shop). I was super serious and trained really hard on the trainer for about 1.5-2 months.

Around the end of Februrary, i started to have disrupted sleep cycles. Now this was wierd for me because i always slept the whole night through. I often would get up and go to the bathroom, as it seemed to let me get back to sleep faster. But i would always wake up another 4-6 times after that until i had to get up. I kept training through it and my muscles started to really feel the blunt of not enough sleep even though i started training less. I sense really reduced my training load alot more, and have even take 1 or 2 weeks completely off the bike.

I went to the doctor and got some blood-work done. He had to leave town but i called him before he did and he said that from the information he had in front of him it seemed i was SLIGHTLY anemic, and my liver enzymes were elevated. So.. i have to wait another week before i can see him and talk to him about it, i want to ask him about my testosterone level and see if it seems "low". I've started taking an iron supplement, but i really havent seen much of a difference yet. My doctor says he doubts it's overtraining (he was big into sports but is no sports doctor) and thinks it's something else. I really don't know.

Basically, from any experiences any of you have had, what do you guys think. I HATE the idea of taking off like a month or more. It's just starting to get nice and i get pretty depressed when i can't exercise.

I guess im just kind of venting and looking for support, this is REALLY depressing and discouraging. Thanks