View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 06:28 AM
Trucker_JDub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was talking to an older lady (50's(I'm guessing), sorry ladies I'm 30 so she is 'older') that works on the property that I'm security for. Turns out she is an X triathlon competitor. I'm not too interested in the running and I know how to swim as well as I care too but it would seem like I have stumbled upon a wealth of info when it comes to cycling training.

Most of the specific component type conversations will pass her by as she isn't up on current equipment but she is still able to recall her training (Although she says she has a full Campy racing Trek from the 80's sitting in her garage; I want to see it so bad). I loved the conversation, its one of the first 'real' people that I have met who is knowledgeable about cycling that doesn't work at the LBS and will still give me the time of day. I think I have stumbled upon a job that will help me WAY MORE then I ever would have suspected.

I just had to say something. I'm so stoked; with talking to her and the great weather I've have had, all I want to do is pound the peddles as much as possible. But I was chastised by her for not owning a helmet and clipless pedals (In a friendly way for the clipless, not so friendly for the helmet). I guess I have a couple things I need to buy now.