Old 04-16-08, 03:12 PM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HenryL
Move your first road to Salem, ride to 5 points (evil intersection); Galloping Hill to Kenilworth blvd, busy near parkway but opens up as you pass through Kenilworth, to Nomahegan Park, follow bike path all the way through to Echo Lake Park, (right then left in to Echo Lake Park). Left on Mountain Ave, Left on Dudley to North, first left under RR bridge and straight to w Broad. W Broad to Martine, turn left onto Martine, then right onto Cooper. Ride to end, left on Rahway, can take to Inman and you know where you are.
Salem Road isn't my favorite place to bike; it's lined with trucks that like to back out of the loading docks there at a moment's notice.

Galloping Hill Road: I think you have a deathwish. The area between Chestnut and the GSP is suicide. The speed limit is 25MPH, but cars commonly go 45. Then again, I ride on route 28 near the Parkway regularly, so I really have no right to say anything about this...

But the rest of that sounds nice. I could take Colfax to Michigan and then turn left onto Kenilworth Boulevard. Not for this week, but maybe the next.

My bands: