Old 04-17-08, 01:46 PM
truman
It's true, man.

Bikes: Cannondale T1000, Inbred SS 29er, Supercaliber 29er, Crescent Mark XX, Burley Rumba Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VintageR, I appreciate your advice, if not your tone. I can only assume you've seen some pretty ham-fisted Dremel work to come off so stridently.

For my purposes, the tool lets me be more precise and keeps me detail-oriented and patient, rather than the reverse. I assure you that I won't use it where better techniques yet exist.

Cyclotoine: you could either say I got it free, or that I had to ride clear across Texas - 540 miles in one week - to get it, and either one would be accurate. The story is thus:

The bike was my uncle's. He bought it as a Crescent/Masi/Raleigh dealer when he owned an LBS in Corpus Christi, way back in the early 70's. Now that he's in his early 70's (and particularly since his pelvis was crushed last year by a fishing boat, while ocean kayaking off Jalapa, Mexico), he can't really ride it anymore.

He liked the whole idea of a ride we took to Corpus Christi (see Soldier Ride button in my sig for details) and since we're about the same size, he decided I should have the Crescent.

It arrived yesterday. My uncle is back fishing in Jalapa this week.

I did have to cover the $1,000 insurance for shipping though.