Old 04-18-08, 03:32 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 761 Posts
Originally Posted by BengeBoy
As I posted here Sunday, I rode my first official, sanctioned Century on Sunday.

Unfortunately, I discovered that by Tuesday morning I weighed 7 pounds more than the prior week. Ouch!

I didn't really pig out before the Century...but, mindful of the desire to be fully fed, I did ease up just a bit on my diet regime for two or three days prior to the ride; I ate a full breakfast the day of the ride, and then I had a bagel, banana and a cookie every 20 miles during the event. After the Century -- a cheeseburger and fries to celebrate. And that adds up to an extra 7 pounds this week.

This is not my fault. I blame my bike, the sport of bicycle riding, the tyranny of tough chipseal roads and the organizers of the ride for providing such good support/snacks at the rest stops.

I could blame myself for my eating habits over the past 10 days, but -- as always -- I prefer not to take personal responsibility for my health and well being. It's simpler to blame others.
I'm skeptical - same scale? same time of day? same clothing (or lack thereof)? How big a person are you? For me, 7 lbs would be a huge weight gain, but I only weigh (today) 163.