Olys45

Bikes: Mongoose MGX (ya, I know)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nub from the Frozen Tundra

Greetings all!

I just bought my first bike in about 12 years yesterday, heck I can't even really ride it since I don't have a helmet! If I lived off the base, I would be out riding right now, so I have to wait for the store to open, and I am hoping that they have a helmet that fits. I am definitely a Clydesdale (gotta love that term) at 6'3" and right around 238 lbs. Unless I get deathly sick, I know I am not going to go below the 200 pound mark... the lightest I have been since my Junior year in high school (20 years ago) was 210 and that was 13 years ago.

My last bike was a true big box store x-brand bike that was too small. The new bride and myself only used our bikes to cruise on paved trails and a little bit off road, but nothing major. My bride was cruising the yard sales yesterday and found my Mongoose, I only spent $40 and it fit me... good enough to actually buy the bike. I didn't recognize the name, it looked sturdy and decent for a nub like myself. I have known that I needed to spend decent money to buy a "bigger than average" (as in not going to the big box stores like a normal sized human) bike and more important things in life took priority.

I found this site researching my bike. I am an Aircraft Maintainer, so I feel the need to have an owners manual so I can perform my own maintenance. I guess I will have to research the actual components of the bike.

Happy Trails!

Oly