Old 04-21-08, 07:00 AM
chevy57

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys,

Sorry I thought I replied with my results, but I must not have completed the post.

The route was very hilly and the start was on a hill. The first mile was a 500ft climb. I know this is not huge, but I did not want to blow up in the first mile so I tried to keep my heart rate below 150. I am glad I did because the third hill was marked 12% grade and my HR hit 179 on the top. Luckily it was only about 3/4 of a mile long. My time was 35.07. The winner did it in 26 something. I learned quite a bit on this ride. I started first and got passed by 6 riders before the turn around. When I got to the turn I could still see the leader. I would say by mile 6 they were gone. After the race I was comparing notes with one of the faster riders and he said he hit 57 MPH down the big hill. My top speed was 43 MPH so clearly these guys were pouring it on down the hills on the back side. I had a blast and will do it again. The bottom line for me is to mash when I can and peddle on the down hills. Thanks for all the advise.

chevy57