Old 04-21-08, 08:08 AM
Meechy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Current best cycling video camera

Hi guys,

i know there have been a few threads on this, but it's a topic about fast improving tech so thought i'd start another.....

i want to film my rides so am looking into video cameras... so i have a few questions to anyone interested in answering.

1] if money is no object, what is the best all round video cam capable of being mounted on handlebars or helmet?
My main concerns are weatherproofness / shockproofness.
I would prefer a self contained unit but would consider one that has a cam mounted externally that then sends the image along a wire to a recording device (such as a hard drive) hidden in your bike bag. I do not already have a standard video cam that might acts as a recording device.

2] it needs to be able to strap on to a helmet without glue (as glue can compromise helmet integrity as i'm sure u all know].

3] How do you aim your cam? i presume there is no kind of viewfinder, so i am guessing you film a bit then view it on PC then repeat until you get it right. A wide angle lens would be nice to make aiming easier and get more view in general.

4] helmet or handlebar mounted? what are the pros and cons of each?

5] do any come with image stabilisation? maybe its better to use post filming software to do this?