View Single Post
Old 04-21-08, 10:05 AM
poolhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Planet Bike Protege 9.0

There are 2 models out there- old and new. Old has a brownish gray case, new one has a white case. You want the white one. Performance bike has the old one, Nashbar has the new white one. Paid 24.95 for mine at Nashbar. Has a very clear face to see the numbers and even with no back lit- which "would" be a great improvement, you can see the numbers well when going under a light source in the dark with little or no problem. I use it for odometer, speed and temperature. Turns out temp really helps me out with comfort via clothing choice when on the bike. Helps to know how your body functions at what temp, along with- is it my imagination or is it really $^^&^&* cold out here or what! Windy day of course can throw all that off...... Temp gage is quite accurate, although sometimes takes a small amount of time to get adjusted from inside to outside temp. Temp is highly accurate- tested it quite a few times with my portable digital thermo. Some people want wireless. I tried wireless- too much interference. Parked my bike next to a cash register terminal- while standing still, the wireless unit was reporting the bike was traveling about 85 mph! and the odometer was moving up fast! So much for wireless and its interference problems- went back to wired, cheaper and more accurate....Also, thought the slider thing concept would be a problem, turns out not to be the case, works fine when you get used to it, and does not disengage from the bracket when you don't want it to. Easy to reset the time when you need to..... You will be happy with the new white 9.0