lyeinyoureye
Senior Citizen

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug5150
I can't do a comparison of something if it's not commonly available, and there's no reviews or independent figures on it.

I picked the four that BionX offered, as those were (at the time) the more common hi-performance battery types available from BionX as well as other similar companies, and nobody at the time argued that the performance estimates that BionX gave were unreasonable either way.
It's no unreasonable to use BionX per say, it's unreasonable to use just BionX in a gasoline versus electric comparison. The best bet IMO is to use a range of alternatives for both.
It's a guess.
Marine crosshead engines have efficiencies typically near twice what regular gasoline engines do.
What what what? Maybe average efficiency including lost of low load. Bu I don't think ~175g/kWh is possible in a small engine. Regardless of longer stroke. I think that maybe longer stroke could drop the fuel consumption of smaller four strokes like the Honda GX series pretty close to 300g/kWh, but they would have to weigh significantly more to make the same amount of power, and compared to stock I don't think an extra 5-10lbs for 10% better fuel consumption would be worth while. Diesels may get twice the off load efficiency of gassers, but for small engines, they tend to run at high load and this isn't as much of a concern. The closest I can find to better fuel consumption would be one of those ~5hp diesels, but even then they're twice or triple the weight for ~25% better efficiency.
I don't remember.
But if we did, I probably pointed out that the only common type of electric vehicle on the planet is trains fed by overhead wires--because they aren't limited by battery capacities.
~
I don't think ya did, but who knows.